Security, containment and long-term liability are major concerns for landfill users and is addressed by Tervita with our industry-leading, engineered landfills for disposal of oilfield and industrial waste solids and contaminated soil.
How Our Landfills Work
Our landfill cells meet and exceed the industry standard by incorporating these design features:
- Multi-layer containment barrier consisting of a high-density polyethylene liner for primary containment and an engineered clay liner for secondary containment
- In-cell leachate collection and removal systems and disposal
- Ground water monitoring
- Surface run-on and run-off controls
Our landfills offer safe, long-term disposal for:
- Organic and inorganic contaminated soil
- Drill cuttings, oil and water based
- Sulphur impacted soil
- Production waste solids
From initial delivery to final cell-closure, our teams supervise the entire waste disposal process, following precisely defined procedures to preserve landfill integrity during each delivery. Tervita has simple to follow waste acceptance protocols and provides the information and support you need to book in your waste. Tervita currently offers engineered landfill disposal services in Western Canada. Please contact us if you have a requirement beyond this geography and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request.