Recent increases in the commodity pricing of metals - including copper, steel, aluminum and cast iron - mean recycling and recovery of these materials contributes value both from an economic and environmental perspective.
Many of our oil and gas, mining and industrial clients have different metal recycling needs, ranging from:
- a one-time major demolition and recycling project
- integration of an ongoing metal recycling and recovery function on their own premises
- managing pick-up and/or delivery of their metal materials for recycling at our metal collection centres
Tervita operates four conveniently located scrap metal centers. Two in Alberta (Red Deer and Peace River) and two in British Columbia (Kimberley and Trail). Our skilled site demolition and clean-up crews visit remote locations and prepare detailed plans for the removal and recycling of decommissioned oil field, mine and small industrial sites – from demolition and site clean-up to transportation and final payment. For more information about metals recycling in the Fort McMurray area, please contact the Red Deer Office.
In addition, we offer a wide selection of metal collection bins that can be installed directly at your site, integrating metal recycling into your operation with minimal disruption or manpower requirements. We can manage all your scrap metal recycling needs with our fleet of modern roll-off and lugger bins which can be placed for temporary bin service, short-term or long-term service. Our bin program tracking system is completely automated and GPS controlled which enables ease of tracking and allows for efficient exchange.
Our metal processing equipment also includes:
- Excavators with genesis shear attachments
- Excavators with grapple and magnet attachments
- Mobile balers for baling light gauge steel and automobiles
- Full range of non-ferrous processing equipment