Tervita air rotary drilling rigs are ideal for advancing boreholes into consolidated bedrock formation using a rotary-driven drill bit and high pressure, high flow air.
Tervita operates the following types of air rotary drilling rigs:
Drill Systems CSR-1000®
Height mast down - 13'
Height mast up - 35'
Length - 32'
Width - 12'
Weight - 44,000kgs
- track and truck mounted
- equipped with either 5 1/2" OD x 3" ID or 6 5/8" OD x 4" ID
- Dual Wall Hammer Pipe
- Hydraulic Drop and Hammer for measuring soil and density
- Split Spoon and Shelby Tube sampling
- Diamond Rotary Drilling attachment (coring attachment)
- depths to 200 feet(contingent on pipe size and soil conditions)
- Air Rotary conversions
- Auxiliary Center Sample Rotary (CSR)
- anchor installation for retaining walls
- environmental/geotechnical monitoring well installation
Dual Rotary/ Barber Equipment
Height Mast Down - 14'
Height Mast Up – 34' (retracted), 70' (extended)
Length - 39'
Width - 8'
Weight - 30,300kgs (tridem), 26,800kgs (tandem)
Tervita owns and operates DR-24 and DR-12 drills. The DR drill is a conventional air/mud rotary rig with a lower rotary drive to advance casing, make and break tool joints and break bits.
- case to 12" O.D.
- 37,600lbs Top-Drive Pullback
- set 6" Casing to 500ft or More
- PTO from Carrier
- 750 or 900/350 Air
- GVW = 47,000lbs
- available with rod box & single rod loader for faster open-hole drilling
The DR-24 will set casing up to 24" (610 mm) in diameter. This model is commonly used for domestic and municipal wells, and construction applications such as foundation piling projects and holes for hydraulic elevator jacks. The DR-24 is available in PTO or deck engine configurations.
- case up to 24" O.D.
- used in domestic and municipal waterwell construction
- 60,000lbs Pullback
- 83,000lbs ft LD Torque
- PTO or Deck Engine
- standard 900/350 Air
- optional 1150/350 Air with Deck Engine Applications
- waterwell (Domestic & Municipal)
- setting surface casing for bitumen coring
- construction, including building and dock foundations, bridge supports, seismic, retrofitting, dam rehabilitation and setting casing in water-bearing formations
- hydraulic elevator shafts
- mine utility shaft and de-watering holes
- placer drilling - rathole drilling
- geotechnical and environmental drilling
- monitoring well installation
DR-24 HD® (Coming Soon)
- Stroke: 26' (7.90 m)
- Pullback/pulldown: 58,000 lbs/20,000 lbs (26,300 kg/9,000 kg)
- Torque (stall): 116,000 in.lbs (13,100 Nm)
- Rotation speed: 0 - 116 rpm
- Stroke: 12' (3.66 m)
- Pullback/Pulldown: 72,000 lbs/33,000 lbs (33,000 kg/15,000 kg)
- Torque: 1,000,000 in.lbs (112,000 Nm)
- Max. casing diameter: 24" (610 mm)
- Air flow: 900 - 1,150 cfm (25.5 - 32.6 m3/min)
- Pressure: 350 psi (24.1 bar)
- Power: 475 - 600 HP (354 - 447 kW)
Reich Drill Sam 650®
Height mast down - 12.5'
Height mast up - 36'
Length - 35'
Width - 8'
Weight - 28,000kgs
Tire - 1200-22.5
Ground pressure - 32kg/inch
- drill rig is equipped with 850 CFM - 350 PSI Air Compressor, 450 m Reverse Circulation Drill Pipe, Reverse Circulation Tricone Bits, and/or Pneumatic Operated Downhole Hammer
- capable of Air Rotary Conventional, Air Rotary Reverse Circulation, ODEX Drilling, Air Wireline Coring, Downhole Hammer System