Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
The Project Controls Coordinator reports directly to the Lead, Project Controls. This position is responsible for administration and organization of all project requirements, assistance with KPI reporting and working with the operational teams to ensure projects are executed on time and on budget. This position maintains detailed records of all aspects of the projects development/execution and timely closure.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilies
- Revenue and cost analysis of active projects, eg/variance to baseline
- Maintain and manage project information within Microsoft Dynamics environment
- Build and submit project invoicing
- Proposal preparation when required
- Purchase order creation for Operational staff within team
- Create and maintain comprehensive daily/monthly/quarterly project documentation, plans and reports
- Assist in Project Closure report preparation
- Assist with financial forecasts by project and for the Onsite Projects Business unit
- Oversight of storage of project information in a Knowledge Point environment
- General team administrative duties
- Role coverage as required
- Work with vendors to ensure cost efficiency and account setup
- Identifies and communicates customer/vendor issues/needs to the Manager, Project Controls.
- Tervita360 Product User;
- Support continuous improvement and benefits for both customer and internal users;
- Support field in customer onboarding and act as a liaison between field and T360 team;
- Attend customer meetings as required;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues for customers and internal users.
- Build rapport with internal and external customers to develop trusting work relationships to increase productivity;
- Document vendor billing concerns and feedback with professionalism towards customer resolution and satisfaction;
- Identify potential issues and continuously seek solutions which are efficient and effective for Tervita and the customer;
- Support EDI team as to how to resolve customer or process issues.
- Work in collaboration with others to achieve common goals and results
- Collaborates with Manager, Project Controls to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- 5+ years in a project control/administrative support role
- Microsoft Dynamics experience considered an asset
- Ability to plan daily activities based on priority of project requirements is critical
- Prioritize and manage multiple priorities and deliverables for both internal/external clients
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required;
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill level an asset.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and flexible;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and excellent follow up skills, results-oriented;
- Ability to multi-task, assess situations and change priorities accordingly;
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure, meet demanding project/month end deadlines and manage changing priorities;
- Ability to work independently as well as be an integral part of a team environment;
- Superior listening skills along with ability to accept and follow direction;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to work in high paced/high productivity environment.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.