Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
Reporting to the Manager, Communications the Communications Analyst will be responsible for researching and writing content for both internal and external channels including but not limited to: the employee newsletter, corporate website, intranet and digital media platforms. This position will also be responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting data in-order-to evaluate the effectiveness of communication initiatives. The Communications Analyst will also support other communication team members as required and have a keen interest in learning about all areas of communications.
- Research and develop content for both internal and external communication channels including, intranet, corporate website, digital media platforms and employee newsletter to engage and info audiences.
Collecting Analyzing, and Reporting of Data
- Collect, analyze and report on data to determine the effectiveness of communications initiatives.
Support for Other Communications Initiatives
- Provide support for communication team members as required as well as administrative support for the department such as invoicing and document management.
- Public Relations/Communications/ Degree or Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Three to five years of experience in content development and digital media/combination of experience and education will be considered
- Proficient in SharePoint, Office 365, content management systems and digital media platforms
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) an asset.
- IABC membership and/or designation considered an asset
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple priorities simulantously
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and to work independently
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.