Newalta Environmental Services is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Newalta?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
Under general direction from and reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Plant Technician is responsible for overseeing the mechanical/electrical processes which are used to provide enhanced drilling properties and recycle drilling mud through closed loop systems. Individuals are responsible for setting up, tearing down, monitoring and maintaining centrifuges and centrifuge related equipment, completing all required paperwork, as well as the operation of the excavator duties, that are but not limited to mixing cuttings and loading trucks. The work schedule generally consists of 12-hour shifts (but may be longer depending on the activity at the rig site) with normal rotation of 14 days on / 14 days off rotation, but may be changed at any time due to market conditions.
Preference will be given to local candidates living in Watford and surrounding area. Accommodation is not supplied.
- Operates equipment, such as centrifuge, shakers, and pumps;
- Being knowledgeable in the dewatering process and also being able to conduct the saltwater process;
- Able to run an excavator independently;
- Ensures that all equipment and systems are being operated to Newalta standards;
- Operates, monitors and controls process levels, temperatures, pressures and flows for applicable processes and systems in a safe and efficient manner;
- Ensures that required documentation is legible, accurate, and completed on a timely basis;
- Identifies and recommends improvements to processes and systems;
- Performs emergency operations activities as needed;
- Regularly attends and actively participates in safety meetings, identifies any safety concerns to supervisor, reports all incidents and assists in investigations;
- Performs mechanical and or equipment maintenance as required and/or assigned;
- Maintains safe and clean equipment and general work area;
- Acquires and maintains adequate certification as required;
- Ability to perform physical tasks and duties including but not limited to shoveling, moving equipment, tank cleaning and housekeeping requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required;
- Have experience or knowledge with solids control, in particular knowing how to operate or have knowledge of a centrifuge;
- Have experience with operating heavy equipment, especially excavator;
- A valid driver's license;
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience (derrick hand, natural gas, construction, electrical/mechanical, farming and military);
- Ability to work 12hr shifts (days and nights) as well as weekends and holidays (14 days on/14 days off);
- Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime as required;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including extreme heat or cold depending on location;
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively both written and verbally;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems (e.g. SAP, etc.) would be considered an asset but are not required;
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently;
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are required;
- Must be able to; lift 55 pounds and walk up and down stairs/ladders frequently, stand for extended periods, and work in tight spaces.
Newalta Environmental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.