Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
The Advisor, Marketing position is an intermediate role within the Communications team at Tervita. Reporting to the Manager, Communications, this position is responsible for supporting the strategic development and implementation of the Company’s marketing plans and initiatives. The successful incumbent is a hands-on, strategic advisor who will work collaboratively with all business units and departments in the Company. The individual will identity opportunities to inform and educate stakeholders about Tervita’s breadth of services and facilities while ensuring brand integrity, and alignment with business objectives.
Specifically, the Advisor, Marketing, will become a strategic, proactive resource for the Company’s Business Units and Departments and will work to promote a coordinated and consistent enterprise approach to marketing through key responsibilities that include:
- Support the development and implementation of marketing plans that identify specific marketing and market insight initiatives to support and drive business growth and achieve corporate marketing objectives.
- Research and analyze market data and trends to make informed decisions on marketing initiatives.
- Support the develop and implementation of the Company’s digital communications strategy, including social media, and website platforms.
- Translate, write, edit and strategically advise on promotional components necessary to reinforce our Tervita story for customers in a brand-aligned and consistent fashion.
- Maintain and provide continued improvement of a resource library, available to all business areas, of detailed documents required for proposals and other sales initiatives.
- Provide support and strategic counsel on implementation of business unit marketing requests.
- Work with the Company’s graphic design consultant to produce collateral ensuring alignment with branding standards and corporate messaging.
- Work closely with the Sales team to develop collateral and messaging to inform and educate customers on Tervita’s breath of services and facilities
- Participate as an integral member of the Communications team providing support as required.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations, with five or more years of relevant communications and marketing business experience.
- Thorough understanding of marketing principles.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) with an understanding of multimedia and visual communications.
- A background in energy sector or other B2B sector is preferred; including detailed knowledge of energy sector dynamics, key producers and service organizations, trends and challenges specific to environmental solutions.
- Knowledge of waste management in the energy sector and familiarity with environmental priorities in midstream services an asset.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to work collaboratively within teams.
- Experience with various social media platforms and best practices.
- Experience with InDesign considered an asset.
- Excellent communicator; ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization, and build productive, positive relationships.
- Strong business and marketing acumen; ability to understand the business challenge and offer proactive, strategic marketing or communications solutions.
- Value Driven; demonstrated behaviors consistent with Tervita core values of Life, Accountability, Collaboration and Excellence.
- Attention to detail; ability to both drive strategy and tactically implement at all levels across the organization.
- Decision maker; strong analytical skills and ability to assess situations accurately to make sound business decisions.
- Demonstrated initiative; a resourceful employee who identifies opportunities and requires minimal oversight.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced dynamic environment, and adapt to and manage change.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.