Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture. We are seeking an experienced Onsite Supervisor based out of our Leduc, AB location.
Reports to the Onsite Manager. Accountable for all assisting with the successful planning and execution of onsite solutions. Direct a team of onsite operators and ultimately responsible for ensuring safe and efficient processes.
Business Planning and Strategy
- Leads a project team of operators. Responsible for communicating Regional, Divisional and Corporate initiatives to employees.
- Develops and implements resourcing plans to support activities (staffing, scheduling, consumables, and investments/costs).
- Builds plans to ensure resources, expenses and talent are supported to achieve cost-effective and high performance operations and deliver on the project plan.
- Identifies and communicates customer issues/needs to the Project Manager.
- Works with various vendors to ensure cost efficiency and account set up.
- Understands customer requirements and provides quality service in accordance with company and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Participates in the implementation of new services.
- Represents Tervita to customer and reflects the Tervita Brand and corporate Values.
- Provides direction and leadership to a team on all aspects of operations, including technical and financial performance.
- Works in collaboration with others to achieve common goals and results
- Identifies and looks for solutions to handle conflict in a sensible, fair and efficient manner
- Responsible for the direct leadership of a team of operations staff.
- Communicates standards and expectations to operations staff for Tervita’s leadership culture, operational and safety performance.
- Develops employees in accordance with Tervita Vision and Values and leverages Tervita’s CDPR processes.
- Works with operations staff to ensure branch Employee Engagement plans and strategies are implemented and achieving targeted results.
- Works with Process Manager to ensure timely attraction and recruitment of top talent.
- Provides training to staff to ensure operations are safe and aligned with Tervita and regulatory standards.
- Participates in the commissioning of new projects and services.
- Ensures overall management of projects.
- Identifies and allocates appropriate resources to meet and deliver on business plans (includes staffing, equipment and capital requests).
- +5 years of experience in field waste processing
- A minimum of 3 years as a supervisor
- Sound working knowledge of OH&S Standards
- Proven track record of compliance and continuous improvement in improving safety in the workplace
- Ability to train, mentor and motivate direct reports
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of typical work flow processes
- Planned work and preventative maintenance practices
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
For more information or to apply online, please visit tervita.com
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.