Newalta Environmental Services is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
At Newalta Environmental Services, Health and Safety Advisors are leaders of safety and provide guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the Manager of Health and Safety you will be accountable for assisting in the execution of Newalta’s strategic business plans and ensuring all operations are in compliance with regulatory requirements. This position will primarily support our operations in the Pennsylvania area. The ideal candidate will live in either Midland TX or Washington PA.
- Drives quality of the delivery of the Newalta HSE Program by leading managers and supervisors to increase safety and environmental awareness and improve HSE practices of day to day operations
- Effectively communicates corporate HSE program requirements and HSE initiatives to the field
- Mentors key operations personnel to ensure that operations maintain controls, procedures, and have accountability to manage environment and safety performance
- Coach’s operations management to ensure that all operators understand how to work in a safe and environmentally sound manner and to create awareness to promote a strong HSE culture
- Advises, guides, and trains field managers and supervisors to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Provides HSE leadership to field operations and positively influence managers and supervisors to ensure that field operation are complaint with corporate HSE guidelines and applicable HSE regulations
- Participates in incident and serious near miss investigations and provide guidance to Operations when conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions
- Drives accountability for the HSE program by conducting monthly HSE performance tracking
- Ability to travel 50-60% of the time
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- 3-5 years of experience working in Health, Safety and Environment field
- Demonstrated knowledge of environment, health and safety legislated requirements (OSHA), as well as the best industry practices
- Related degree and/or professional designation is preferred
- Strong team player who is self-motivated and a self-directed learner
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment testing.
Newalta Environmental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of these pre-employment processes.