Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
We are currently looking for a Facility Administrator at our South Wapiti Landfill, Gold Creek Landfill & Gold Creek Treatment Recovery Disposal facilities. These Facilities are located south of Grande Prairie, with South Wapiti being 20KM and Gold Creek 45KM from Grande Prairie.
As a Facility Administrator you are responsible for performing a broad range of service functions in support of efficient and effective Facility operations. The key responsibility areas for this role involve office administration, customer service, accounts receivable, accounts payable, systems, training and continuous improvement. The Administrator is an essential part of the Facility Services team and will be key in mentoring and modeling Tervita’s common values and principles with clients and employees.
With environmental waste treatment facilities operating in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, Tervita has become western Canada's leader in treatment, recovery and disposal of petroleum by-products.
- Data entry, creation of reports, work approvals, and invoices;
- Represent Tervita with a friendly and professional demeanor;
- Handle internal and external customer relations and inquiries in a prompt, accurate and professional manner;
- Book incoming customer loads in scheduling program;
- Provide notification of facility status, changed hours, etc. to appropriate customers;
- Complete approvals for jobs coming in; fax approvals; code and ensure invoicing information is correct.
- Ensure office supplies are adequate; equipment is maintained; office is organized;
- Maintain up to date and accessible files;
- Keep customer phone lists, admin tasks and procedures updated;
- Assist with maintaining facility orientation and visitor sign in sheet;
- Support operations with troubleshooting time entry, pay issues, vacation tracking that may arise by being a liason with human resources and payroll.
- 2 years office administration experience preferred;
- Understanding of invoicing, accounts payable / receivable and financial reports is considered an asset;
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry;
- Oil and Gas industry experience would be considered as asset;
- Must be self-motivated and able to function in a team environment;
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.