Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
The Sales Representative (North Eastern BC) position is responsible for a variety of duties needed to support our teams in obtaining business in our various markets.
- Liaising with company management, staff, and clients to identify and develop new industrial waste clients and field services for the Dawson Creek/Fort St. John business
- Manage sales activities in Dawson Creek/Fort St. John area
- Promote all Tervita service lines in the region
- Lead the preparation and submission of quotations
- Perform on-site waste audits for industrial clients to scope work for quotations
- Collect market data to help identify new opportunities
- Represent Tervita at tradeshows, lunch and learns, conferences, industry events and other networking opportunities
- Prepare and present Lunch and Learn topics to existing and new clients
- Help to develop new market strategies
- Remain up to date on relevant industry regulations and trends
- Promote our commitment to Health, Safety, and Environment and help differentiate Tervita from our competitors
- Engage in site visits to promote our safety culture and to take pictures for marketing materials
- Post-Secondary Science education or related field & sales experience
- 5+ years in the environmental, waste or oil & gas industry and experience with sales, business development, and client relations
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to function as a cohesive team or work independently
- Experience in preparing and submitting quotation and bid proposals would be an asset, as would CRM experience
- An understanding of industrial waste operations or on-site industrial solutions is sought after
- Past experience with similar working environments would be a key asset
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.