Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
The Project Coordinator is responsible for gathering, distributing and organizing information in relation to estimating, proposal submissions, project execution, safety, profitability, and costing. This will include tasks such as client facing interactions, scheduling, administrative duties, financial reporting and risk assessment. Field Services Project Coordinators also directly assist with site operations including supervising, waste transportation, incident response and equipment operation as required.
- Coordination of Industrial Waste Services projects from initiation to close, including, but not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation & submission of accurate project estimates, bids and quotes
- Follow project startup process including thorough safety review and completion of required project start up forms
- Selection, procurement & scheduling of equipment & peronsnel to complete required job tasks safely and efficiently
- Work with field supervisor to schedule field personnel
- Track labour and equipment hours as necessary
- Review and code third party invoices to appropriate G/L accounts
- Produce & sustain inclusive project documentation on an as needed basis
- Complete administrative closure at end of project
- Complete and manage safety paperwork for assigned projects
- Assist with Incident Response coordination. Requires coordinator to be available for after hours incident response call triage, project coordination and response as required.
- Onsite work as required including travel to remote locations as project work demands.
- Work closely with Site personnel and Supervisor daily to complete project requirements.
- Support operations by facilitating training, working directly with junior field staff, participating in safety committees and assisting with customer facing sales calls.
- Related post-secondary education such as a degree or diploma in Business, Science or Environmental Studies.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Candidates must be ambitious and able to work some overtime with a flexibility to travel and be away from home
- Excellent understanding of environmental & transportation rules and regulatory requirements along with ability to ensure compliance of such rules and requirements; including but not limited to, permit conditions, waste characterization, waste classification, container requirements, segregation requirements, storage limits, lab packing, bulking/blending, commingling, labeling, inventorying, shipping, receiving and TDG.
- Industry certifications/training (TDG, WHMIS, H2S Alive, HAZWOPER, First Aid et cetera) would be considered an asset.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to liaison with owners, customers, suppliers, subcontractors and consultants, along with ability to diplomatically resolve any issues and/or concerns that may occur
- Fit-for-Work each day
- Strong computer skills with ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows and other operational applications, including the use of mobile devices
- Ability to communicate effectively and express thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Valid and current Class 5 Driver's License required. Air Brakes and Class 1 or 3 licenses would be considered an asset.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.