Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
The Supervisor, Rail Services is primarily responsible for the supervision of rail jobs within the province of Manitoba.
This position is On-Call 24/7; 365 days of the year.
- Ensure all Tervita safety policies and procedures are followed;
- Actively participate in all safety related meetings including: daily tail gates, last minute risk assessments etc;
- Lead a team of 3 – 6 direct reports as well as sub-contractors;
- Business Development/Project Management duties as required and when time permits;
- Accurate monthly billing;
- Building strong employee and customer relations;
- Maintain and track equipment to ensure location is noted and maintenance on vehicles is adhered to.
- 5 Years experience or related;
- Able to muli task and work in high stress environment;
- Direct client liason / develop relationships;
- Comprehensive understanding of environmetal regulations;
- Must be able to travel regularly and able to work long hours, late nights and shifts as required;
- Required to be on call 24-7 for Emergency response;
- Strong computer skills an asset;
- Valid and current Class 5 Drivers license.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to professionally and positively interact with people in course of performing above duties;
- Self motivated team player;
- Ability to work independently;
- Thrive for challenge of multi-disciplihne environment that can quickly change;
- Accurate attention to detail.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.