Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
The Process Engineer will be responsible for front-end engineering design and contractor management and will work closely with EPCM firms. A key aspect of this role is establishing, maintaining and improving Energy Services capabilities to effectively decrease time to scope projects. This position will interact with field and business development clients, designing and defining projects scopes, and will support project management through to project completion.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of Engineering and Technical professionals;
- Ensure projects and initiatives are implemented to achieve optimum results;
- Communicate key issues to management;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to leverage project delivery and execution;
- Engage in contractor management of EPCM firms;
- Influence and support a culture of continuous improvement and change management focused at operational process and equipment improvements that either increase efficiency through reduced costs or increased output;
- Build strong relationships with the Operations Management team to understand support requirements and to identify key opportunities for process improvement;
- Provide technical support to Tervita Waste Processing in all aspects but specifically in process design, optimization, and troubleshooting;
- Transition project scope to Project Management Team for execution, and support throughout construction and commissioning
- Provide leadership in the development of initial designs and equipment selection, and project scope for FEED projects;
- Support the development and implementation of Tervita engineering and design standards;
- Provide process support for and sometimes lead the identification, evaluation, and implementation of new process technologies in support of continuous improvement.
- B.S. Engineering (Mechanical, Petroleum, Civil);
- Registered, or eligible for registration with APEGA;
- Project Management experience an asset;
- Facilities Process engineering background in the energy sector;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills and ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows.
- Ability to lead and manage all size projects (small to mega project groups depending on experience level);
- Effective communicator able to present, in a persuasive manner, to senior stakeholders both internal and client facing;
- Demonstrates self-confidence and interpersonal flexibility, initiative, perseverance and integrity;
- Confident in discussing financial issues with the client and requesting change orders when required;
- Ability to develop, nurture and maintain strong relationships with Tervita clients and with all levels of the organization;
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under pressure, meet demanding deadlines and manage changing priorities;
- Excellent organizational skills along with attention to detail;
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently as required;
- Maintain professional conduct at all times;
- Open and honest with team members and clients as it relates to all aspects of work;
- Ability to multi-task, assess situations and prioritize tasks accordingly;
- Maintain a positive attitude in all aspects of work along with a desire to continue to learn;
- Maturity to deal with highly confidential material.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.