Newalta Environmental Services is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
The Field Sales Representative position is responsible for a variety of duties needed to support our teams in obtaining business in our various markets.
- Identify key and target customers, develop and implement sales plans to obtain these clients and report on progress;
- Understand the business, its industry and operations to clearly articulate the key features and benefits (i.e. procedures, investments, network, etc.) relevant to all stakeholders;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and key business leaders in order to effectively partner on sales initiatives and priorities;
- Differentiate Newalta’s products and services to key and target customers including relating the key features, advantages and benefits of our products and services;
- Provide technical product knowledge support to key customers in ways that establish and maintain the integrity of our brand, product performance and quality
- Upsell key and target accounts to grow the revenues and market share within the account;
- Prepare RFP requests for proposal and budgetary RFI requests for information as needed;
- Develop and execute annual sales plans that meet or exceed revenue and margin targets;
- Tap into vast knowledge of the customer and the market in order to provide comprehensive market reports clearly presenting business opportunities, critical success factors and market expectations. Gather and communicate information on competitors and present specific competitor strategies
- Develop new distribution channels while maintaining balance with existing channels;
- Monitor activity levels and revenues from customers and report on their performance;
- Communicate with Operations Management to enhance awareness of, and responsiveness to customers;
- Report regularly on issues affecting customers through concise analysis including detailed recommendations based on the data collected;
Education, Skills and Experience
- A post-secondary education;
- Minimum of 5- 8 years’ sales experience, with the last 3 years in the Oil & Gas industry;
- Experience in the Industrial, Environmental, and/or Waste Management Industry is an asset;
- Proven ability in meeting and/or exceeding sales targets that are set out by the corporation;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems is considered an asset;
- Ability to write customer letters, reports and proposals;
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States of America;
- Must possess a valid Driver License.
- Tervita prides itself in our ability to function both as a cohesive team and our staff’s ability to work independently. Past experience with similar working environments would be a key asset
Newalta Environmental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of these pre-employment processes.