Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
As a Millwright, you will be accountable for performing the scheduled and routine maintenance of equipment and assess the condition and amount of wear on major equipment components. Primary pieces of equipment include Centrifuges, Conveyors, Pumps, Hydraulics systems and Compressors.
- Maintain protection of the health and safety of our employees the environment, customers, and the communities in which we operate;
- Monitor condition of rotating machinery utilizing parameters including vibration, temperature, pressures, flows and currents. Must be able to take field vibration readings, and understand basic data;
- Understand and assess the daily operation of various types of equipment including centrifuges, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors, conveyors, screw feeders, blowers and pumps. Based on assessment, provide recommendations to improve reliability;
- Maintain equipment to design specifications including, but not limited to, centrifugal pumps, reciprocating pumps & compressors, fans, gear reducers/increasers & other mechanical equipment (valves, operators, testing tools). Replace pump seals, mechanical seals, pump packing;
- Provide proper alignment for all rotating equipment;
- Perform preventative/predictive maintenance and troubleshoot problems.
- Determine material needs, sequence of operations, and job methods including the use of a computer for storing and using information for preventive/predictive maintenance;
- Be familiar with warehouse parts management, design specifications, and applicable Maintenance procedures;
- Maintain inventory of stored Materials;
- Keep maintenance records ;
- Read blueprints, schematics and drawings;
- On-call duties as required, including weekends.
- Alberta or Interprovincial Journeyman Millwright certification;
- A minimum of 3 years mechanical experience in millwright activities in an industrial environment;
- Must be able to read process flow diagrams, P&IDs, mechanical drawings and follow mechanical specifications;
- Able to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed to maintain a 24/7 operating plant;
- Ability to read, speak, and write English;
- Valid driver’s license required;
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team;
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms;
- Strong working knowledge of SAP is an asset.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.