Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
As part of Tervita's Conventional Oilfield Division, you will be a part of our operations team that delivers waste processing solutions to oil and gas customers through facilities, satellites, and onsite projects. You will support us in finding new and innovative ways to recover oil and water from oilfield waste streams and reduce the overall waste going to landfills. Tervita’s Operators are leaders of safety and efficient operating practices. You will be accountable for day to day facility operations, ensuring that all equipment and systems are being operated to Tervita standards. Using your technical expertise you will assist operations in the optimization of equipment, by identifying and recommending improvement to processes and systems.
- Ensure that all equipment and systems are being properly operated, in accordance with Tervita standards;
- Operate, monitor, and control; process levels, temperatures, pressures, and flows for applicable utilities;
- Use technical expertise to assist operations in the optimization of equipment;
- Perform mechanical and or equipment maintenance as required and/or assigned;
- Understanding and being able to oversee the maintenance and usage of; centrifuges, pumps, loader, and bobcat;
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, renovation and repair of boiler systems and other mechanical systems;
- Understanding of waste operations and taking part in product receiving process;
- Ensure that required documentation is legible, accurate, and completed on a timely basis;
- Identify and recommend improvements to processes and systems;
- Perform emergency operations activities as needed;
- Regularly attend and actively participate in safety meetings, identify any safety concerns to supervisor, report all incidents, and assist in investigations;
- Maintain safe and clean equipment and general work area;
- Train on unfamiliar processes and equipment, within established guidelines, as required;
- Provides guidance, direction, and technical expertise to less experienced operators;
- Acquire and maintain adequate certification as required;
- Perform physical tasks and duties including, but not limited to shovelling, moving equipment, tank cleaning and housekeeping requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required;
- 5th Class Power Engineering Designation is considered an asset;
- Oilfield Experience is considered an asset;
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of pumps, boiler, centrifuge, loader, and bobcat;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems (e.g. SAP, Roughneck, etc.) would be considered an asset, but are not required;
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently;
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are required;
- Ability to work a variety of shifts and be flexible in terms of working hours and overtime as required - this position with be a 7days on and 7 Days off Rotation with 12-hour shifts.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.