Newalta Environmental Services is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Newalta?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
Newalta is seeking multiple Solids Control Technicians (SCT) at Operator Levels 1 & 2, to work on our NW Drillsites in Colorado. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the SCT is responsible for safe operations and maintenance of solids, waste management and heavy equipment. The SCT is responsible for overseeing the mechanical and electrical processes used to provide enhanced drilling properties, recycling drilling mud through the closed loop systems, and completing daily, relevant paperwork. This position is also responsible for setting up, tearing down, monitoring and maintaining centrifuges and related equipment. The ability to handle excavators independently for loading waste into trucks is required.
The Benefits of Working for Newalta Environmental Services Inc.:
With offerings like medical, dental and vision coverage, short term and long term disability, optional life and AD&D coverage we trust you will feel the benefits of working for a great employer. Combine that with a competitive overall compensation package and you have the makings of a rewarding career.
You will also receive a monthly travel allowance of $175.00 which is intended to provide you with compensation for your commute to work. There is also a $30 per day, per diem to help cover food expenses.
The work schedule generally consists of 12-hour shifts, with a normal rotation of 14 days on & 7 days off. Shifts may be longer depending on rig activity.
- The Solids Control Technician is responsible for waste control and management of solids, for recycling Barite recovery through separation of solids and fluids;
- Responsible for performing a combination of routine and complex equipment operation, preventative maintenance and manual labour, which may include some instruction to others;
- Ensures that all equipment and systems are being operated to Newalta standards;
- Operates, monitors and controls process levels, temperatures, pressures and flows for applicable processes and systems in a safe and efficient manner;
- Monitors function of hoses, centrifuges, and shakers;
- Ensures that required documentation is legible, accurate and completed on a timely basis daily;
- Identifies and recommends improvements to processes and systems;
- Performs troubleshooting and repair activities as needed;
- Regularly attends and actively participates in safety meetings, identifies any safety concerns to supervisor, reports all incidents and assists in investigations;
- Performs mechanical and or equipment maintenance as required and/or assigned;
- Maintains safe and clean equipment and general work area;
- Acquires and maintains all certifications as required (H2S Awareness, Mobile Equipment, Etc.);
- Ability to perform physical tasks safely and duties include but not limited to shoveling, moving equipment, tank cleaning and housekeeping requirements;
- Occasionally assist with mentoring new employees;
- Consistently upholds Newalta Values and Vital 9 Safe Behaviors when representing the company;
- This position falls within the Respiratory Protection Program and therefore requires the employee to be clean shaven daily for respirator use per CFR1910.134(g)(1)(i)(A).
Career Path: Solids Control Technician (Operator Levels 2, 3 & Lead)
- 1-2 years of Solids Control (Centrifuge, Dewatering, Barite recovery) and Drillsite/Field Experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent required with previous drillsite experience;
- A valid driver's license;
- Experience with solids control equipment including centrifuges and centrifuge related equipment;
- Experience in Barite recovery, dewatering, conventional stripping, and independent operation of excavator is a must;
- Ability to work 12hr shifts (days and nights) as well as weekends and holidays (14 days on/7 days off) normally away from home the entire hitch;
- Willingness to work flexible hours unsupervised and overtime as required;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including extreme heat or cold depending on location;
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively both written and verbally;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems;
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently;
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills are required;
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize activities;
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds and walk up and down stairs/ladders frequently, stand for extended periods, and work in tight spaces.
Newalta Environmental Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.Candidates are required to be legally authorized to work in the United States.
This is a safety sensitive position. Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.