Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
Tervita's Drill Site Division delivers engineered environmental solutions oil and gas customers across Canada and in the United States. The division is focused on working with customers at their location to provide efficient solids control drill cuttings management. Under general direction from, and reporting to the Branch Manager, a Solids Control Technician is responsible for overseeing the mechanical/electrical processes which are used to provide enhanced drilling properties and recycle drilling mud through closed loop systems. Additionally, technicians can be asked to operate excavators for cuttings management at location and material handling requirements of the drilling rig. Individuals travel to rig site locations for setting up, tearing down, monitoring and maintaining centrifuges and centrifuge related equipment and completing all required paperwork.
The drill site work schedule generally consists of 12-hour shifts (but may be longer depending on the activity at the rig site) with 14 days on / 7 days off rotation.
- Ensure that all equipment and systems are being operated to Tervita standards;
- Operate, monitor and control process levels, temperatures, pressures and flows for applicable utilities, processes and systems in a safe and efficient manner;
- Ensure that required documentation is legible, accurate and completed on a timely basis;
- Identify and recommends improvements to processes and systems;
- Perform emergency operations activities as needed;
- Regularly attend and actively participate in safety meetings, identify any safety concerns to supervisor, reports all incidents and assists in investigations;
- Perform mechanical and or equipment maintenance as required and/or assigned;
- Maintain safe and clean equipment and general work area;
- Acquire and maintain adequate certification as required;
- Ability to perform physical tasks and duties including but not limited to shoveling, moving equipment, tank cleaning and housekeeping requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience (centrifuges and centrifuge-related equipment, derrick hand, natural gas, construction, electrical/ mechanical, farming and military);
- Experience in Barite recovery, dewatering, conventional stripping, and independent operation of excavator is a must;
- Ability to work 12hr shifts (days and nights) as well as weekends and holidays (14 days on/7 days off), normally away from home the entire hitch;
- Willingness to work flexible hours unsupervised and overtime as required;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including extreme heat or cold depending on location;
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively both written and verbally;
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently;
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize activities;
- Must be able to; lift 55 pounds and walk up and down stairs/ladders frequently, stand for extended periods, and work in tight spaces;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems would be considered an asset.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.