Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
Tervita’s Conventional Oilfield Division delivers waste processing solutions to oil and gas customers through facilities, satellites and onsite projects. Tervita is finding new and innovative ways to recover oil and water from oilfield waste streams and reduce the overall waste going to landfills. Our Oilfield Operators are leaders of safety and efficient operating practices. You will be accountable for day to day facility operations, ensuring that all equipment and systems are being operated to Tervita standards. Using your technical expertise you will assist operations in the optimization of equipment, by identifying and recommending improvement to processes and systems.
- Ensure that required documentation is timely, accurate and legible;
- Operate, monitor and control process levels, temperatures, pressures and flows for applicable utilities, processes and systems in a safe and efficient manner;
- Use technical expertise to assist operations in the optimization of equipment;
- Identify and recommend improvements to processes and systems;
- Perform emergency operations activities as needed;
- Regularly attend safety meetings, identify any safety concerns to supervisor, report all incidents and assist in investigations;
- Perform mechanical and or equipment maintenance as required and/or assigned;
- Maintain safe and clean equipment and general work area;
- Train on unfamiliar processes and equipment, within established guidelines, as required;
- Acquire and maintain adequate certification as required;
- Provide guidance, direction and technical expertise to less experienced operators.
- Mechanically inclined with at least 2 years of direct or related experience with pumps;
- High school diploma or equivalent is required;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant Oilfield experience preferred;
- Experience Operating an Excavator & Wheel Loader is preferred;
- Solid communication skills;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.