Employees have the opportunity to apply for positions as part of their own career growth and continual development of skills and competencies. If you have questions regarding new opportunities please contact the Recruiter for the division or your HR Advisor for more information.
The General Labourer is responsible for day-to-day duties on site needed to complete work in a safe and timely fashion and maintain a clean work site.
This position must also adhere to our safety program and work as a contributing member of the site team.
- Ensure all Tervita safety policies and procedures are followed
- Be cognizant of and adhere to any site-specific safety requirements
- Partake in all safety related meetings including: daily tail gates, last minute risk assessment, etc.
- Scrap metal sorting
- Equipment maintenance
- Assisting Operators & Torchers
- Moving rail cars
- Bobcat/skid steer operation
- General housekeeping
- Other related duties as required
- General labouring and or farm experience an asset but not required
- Basic comprehension and ability to follow Tervita’s Workplace Health and Safety requirements relevant to the assigned work site, including but not limited to H Tervita’s “Stop & Think Process” and Tervita’s “Hazard Assessment Process”
- Ability to complete safety documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Strong work ethic and willingness to persevere through difficult weather conditions, challenging work site environments, and long demanding work days
- Fit-for-Work each day
Through the Tervita Employee Referral Program, you can get a bonus by referring people in your network to join Tervita.
Please visit E-Source at http://esource/departments/hr/recruiting/Pages/employeereferral.aspx, for more information.