Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
This position is responsible for the day-to-day accounts payable functions. This includes ensuring compliance with policies and procedures with regard to the compilation, payment processing and/or collection of invoices. In addition, the position handles payment run processes and vendor inquiries.
- Scanning and indexing invoices
- Opening and sorting incoming mail
- Checking for duplicate invoices greater than 30 days in WCI
- Using ODC (Oracle Document Capture) to scan and index invoices into WCI (Web Center Imaging)
- Processing Invoices
- Entering PO invoices from WCI worklist into People Soft
- Using open receipts to match to invoice
- Understanding 3 way match
- Working directly with Buyers to clear PO related issues
- Clearing match exceptions
- Reviewing and reconciling vendor statements
- Investigate and resolve short/over payments and disputed invoices
- Responding to vendor inquiries by phone and email
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 year full cycle accounts payable experience
- Formal education in accounting (diploma)
- Can accurately enter data and perform other repetitive tasks
- Strong computer skills with ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office suite
- PeopleSoft experience
- Ability to work well in a team enviroment or independently as required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organization skills along with attention to detail
- Good listening skills and ability to accept and follow direction
- Maintain a positive attitude and desire to continue to learn
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.