Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
The Network Analyst role is to manage, maintain and support Tervita’s network, communications and security infrastructure. This includes troubleshooting and remediating network-related issues and identifying areas of improvement by using knowledge, data analysis and network tools utilized by the network team. The position includes configuring, upgrading and patching various network, telecom and security environments, attending and understanding Tervita’s Change Management processes and procedures and working on projects with other team members to help design and deliver IT solutions that will positively impact and support the business and its customers.
Policy and Process
Maintain processes and documentation for the operational support of the network and telecom environment.
- Manage and maintain Tervita’s network, VPN, security and communications infrastructure including Wide Area Networks, ISP communications and collaboration systems.
- Ensure the integrity of the network and help reduce or eliminate downtime by troubleshooting system problems, monitoring network usage and performing scheduled maintenance.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of network layouts and configurations.
- Monitor network, VPN and other devices for statistical evidence of bottlenecks and recommend solutions or remediate per defined procedures.
- Manage and prioritize network & telecom support tickets from first assignment through to resolution
- Work with other IT teams on larger support issues providing network and telecom insight to help resolve performance or support issues.
- Work with and provide direction to 3 party support vendors and field personnel to drive support issues through to resolution.
- Provide input and knowledge to IT Projects that include a network or telecom component.
- Provide timely updates on smaller network projects or project components
- University degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other degree/diploma with related experience.
- 5+ years providing 2 and 3 level network support in a large, multi-site organization.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, QoS, EIGRP and other layer 3 routing protocols.
- Excellent understanding of Skype for Business and dealing with a hosted service provider.
- Familiar with managing F5 load-balancers and other modules including BIG-IP VPN.
- Familiar with IT security technologies such as Palo Alto and Cisco ASA.
- Excellent understanding of Cisco routers, switches, wireless controllers, APs and related network products.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional preferred.
- Knowledge of Riverbed WAN accelerators an asset.
- Knowledge of Solarwinds Network Monitoring suite an asset.
- Communication skills: good written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Client Management skills: ability to develop, nurture and maintain strong relationships with clients, ISP providers and 3 party field support teams.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail, good problem solving capabilities and good organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks and escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Embody values of integrity and honesty along with a consistent approach to working with others.
- Ability to be open and honest with clients, management and team members in relation to all aspects of employment with Tervita.
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.