Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
We are currently looking for a permanent full-time Operator at our La Glace Treatment Recovery Disposal facility. This facility is located 35 km from Grande Prairie.
As an Operator you are responsible for plant flow and operating in a safe manner as outlined in the Tervita Health and Safety Manual. You will understand the regulatory and operating approvals, Standard Operating Procedures and Critical Tasks, and ERP. You will also have excellent customer service skills as you will be interacting with customers, truck drivers and other Tervita departments.
With environmental waste treatment facilities operating in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, Tervita has become western Canada's leader in treatment, recovery and disposal of petroleum by-products.
- Responsible for knowing and following the Standard Operating Procedures and mastering critical tasks
- Basic understanding of Regulatory and Operating Approvals such as well classification, materials that can and cannot be accepted at facility, and general operating parameters
- Responsible to develop and understand the foundation building of the Tervita culture of Superior Customer Service towards our Internal & External customers
Environment Health & Safety
- Ability to fill out and issue safe work permits per Lead Op and or FBM direction
- Near Miss/Hazard ID and Incident identification and reporting
- Know and follow the ERP, three levels of emergency, and Tervita Policies
- Operate in a safe manner according to the Health and Safety Manual
- Basic understanding of Environment and Regulatory
- Applicable Safety Courses as set out in the HSE Manual
- Must have a mechanical background
- Possession of 5th Class Power Engineering Certification, or greater, would be an asset
- Must be self-motivated and able to function in a team environment
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and email is required
- Grade 12 Education or equivalent required
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.