Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
At Tervita Environmental Services, we are always looking for Seasonal General Labourers to help support various upcoming projects.
The General Labourer is responsible for day-to-day duties on site needed to complete work in a safe and timely fashion and maintain a clean work site. This position must also adhere to our safety program and work as a contributing member of the site team.
This position will be based out of the Hamilton, Ontario area and will travel to project sites. Applicants may live within an eight (8) hour stretch from Hamilton, Ontario.
- Ensure all Tervita safety policies and procedures are followed
- Be cognizant of and adhere to any site specific safety requirements
- Partake in all safety related meetings including: daily tail gates, last minute risk assessment, etc.
- Spotting for trucks
- Must be familiar with operating and servicing small equipment
- Must have an understanding of all power and small tools
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Clean, lubricate and fuel all equipment and general site housekeeping
- Ensure safety fences / markings are all in place
- Notify supervisor and or repair shop of any required work to be done
- Other related duties as required
- General labouring and or farm experience an asset but not required
- Basic comprehension and ability to follow Tervita’s Workplace Health and Safety requirements relevant to the assigned work site, including but not limited to H Tervita’s “Stop & Think Process” and Tervita’s “Hazard Assessment Process”
- Ability to complete safety documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to perform physical tasks, including lifting, shoveling, moving containers and other heavy materials
- Strong work ethic and willingness to persevere through difficult weather conditions, challenging work site environments, and long demanding work days
- Willingness to work away from home for significant blocks of time, moving from project to project as required
- Ability to manage weather and/or seasonal interruptions in work schedule
- Fit-for-Work each day
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.