Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing impact, maximizing returns.™ Our dedicated employees are trusted sustainability partners to oil and gas, construction, mining, government and communities. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions and shapes our culture.
Why Work for Tervita?
- Competitive wages and comprehensive benefit plan
- Opportunities for career growth
- Industry - leading experience
- A culture that puts safety first
We are currently recruiting for experienced Class 1 Drivers to be based out of our Beaverlodge Transfer Station.
- To safely operate various Tervita units, equipment and combinations thereof, in diverse weather and challenging work site environments
- Comply with all jurisdictional traffic safety legislation
- Inspect transport units and loads for safe operation during, prior to and after all transport assignments as required by Tervita, jurisdictional, and / or NSC standards
- Ensure proper load is properly secured at all times
- Completion and submission on a timely basis of all documentation as required by Tervita, jurisdictional, and / or NSC standards. This includes logbooks, equipment inspection reports, time tickets, accompanying manifests, trip records, fuel, and credit card receipts
- Abide by all Tervita and customer plant-specific safety procedures
- Ensure all waste containers are labeled in accordance with TDG Regulations. (Drums - stick on labels, Bags - in pocket, Bins - wire tie label). Ensure all labels are completed in full including shipping name, generator name, approval number, TDG Class, PIN number, Packing Group number, load number, drum number, etc.
- Prepare manifests and/or bills of lading, as required, for each transaction
- Inspect all waste and material to ensure that it complies with manifest, recycle docket and bill of lading descriptions.
- Communicate with customer regarding expected onsite arrival and service requirements
- Loading and transporting equipment and materials for Tervita / client services
- Ensure all transport of hazardous and non-hazardous materials complies with TDG Regulations
- Ensure all equipment / loads being transported meet all requirements relating to weight and dimension regulations for each jurisdiction traveled
- Successfully complete training and become a certified Tervita driver
- Ensure Tervita’s Safety Absolutes are followed at all times
- Valid and current Class 1 Driver’s License
- Minimum of 3 years driving experience in the transportation industry or demonstrated competency
- Solid understanding of Canadian geography, highway systems and remote oilfield locations
- Solid knowledge base with respect to Hours of Service, load securement and driving regulations
- Ability to accurately maintain Log Books, Trip Records and Inspections on a daily basis as per legislated requirements
- Solid understanding of TDG Regulations and safety requirements with respect to proper labeling, handling and transporting hazardous materials
- Ability to prepare waste manifests and/or bills of lading as required for each transaction
- Ability to conduct proper pre/post trip inspections of transport vehicles for safe operation prior to, during and after transport pickups and deliveries
- Strong mechanical knowledge with respect to the maintenance, servicing and repair of transport vehicles
- Ability to complete minor servicing and maintenance of transport vehicles, including but not limited to, greasing, replacement of air filters, brake adjustments and settings
- Ability to safely operate transport vehicles through difficult weather conditions and challenging work site environments
- Ability to perform physical tasks, including lifting, shoveling, moving containers and other heavy materials
- Strong work ethic and ability to work up to long work days
- Fit-for-Work each day
- Ability to communicate effectively and express thoughts and ideas in a clear manner
- Good listening skills along with ability to accept and follow direction
- Open and honest with team members as it relates to all aspects of the work
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.